To be successful every time you take a reading, follow the actions in this short video. We’ve broken them down into steps for you so you can master the technique in no time.
- Take a moment to relax.
- Take a deep breath in. Expand your chest and belly.
- Sip in a little more air.
- Press your tongue against your lower front teeth
- Place the front half of the Aluna mouthpiece into your mouth, on top of your tongue
- Bite down gently keeping your lips sealed around the mouthpiece
- Exhale as hard and fast as you can!
- Keep exhaling even after you think you’ve got no air left.
Are you getting notifications like, “Exhale Longer” or “Keep Your Lips Sealed”? Check out these articles for a more in-depth look into spirometry technique.