This article is a detailed look at the steps required to take a reading with Aluna.
To take a reading in the app, you need to login to the app and follow the prompts to enter symptoms.
Entering symptoms helps to build a context for your readings. It will help you and your doctor understand the whole picture of your lung health.
Here is how to take a reading:
1. Login to the app. You will see planets. To begin tap on the planet for your stage of the game. For example, Cinderim, the molten planet, is where everyone begins.
2. Tap on your planet, then tap play
3. The Captain's log will open. Tap on Next
4. The symptoms section will begin. You will be asked a series of questions about your symptoms. Simply tap on the answer to each question. The screens below will appear in the order shown.
5. Now you are ready to begin your spirometry session. Click Next
6. You will be asked to connect your device. Just press the button on Aluna, leaving it on a flat surface while it connects.
7. Once it connects, you will see a connection successful message. The device will also calibrate.
8. The game screen will appear. You will see a rocket at the bottom and gems above. The idea is to blow as hard as you can for 3 to 5 seconds. If you are successful, the rocket will move up and collect gems. You will hear a positive sound and your score will appear (see successful screen below).
If your blow was not quite hard enough the rocket will tumble down and you will be given feedback on how to improve (unsuccessful screen below) If you have trouble with spirometry, we have a coaching tutorial here.