After you purchase Aluna, and it arrives at your home, you are just minutes away from your first spirometry blast!
A few things you need before you get started:
- iPhone 6s or newer or an Android phone- See list of compatible Android phones here
- iOS 12 and up or Android 7.1 Nougat or higher
- wifi connection
- Bluetooth on
1. Search for 'Aluna' in the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store, and download it.
2. Sign into your account using your billing email address.
3. Add a Pilot! You'll be prompted to enter user information including:
- ethnicity - this is a requirement to calculate your spirometry numbers accurately.
*Please enter the height accurately, as this is the most important number for FEV1 calculation.*
4. Next, you will add current medications you are taking. Please add: controller (daily medication), rescue/quick relief and other.
5. Take a look at your new Aluna device. Inside the box, we have included the following for you: an Aluna device, a mouthpiece, a mouthpiece cap, a charging cable, and a user’s manual.
6. Take your mouthpiece and FULLY insert the mouthpiece into the Aluna device. Make sure that the mouthpiece has a secure fit so the rim of the mouthpiece is touching the Aluna device’s body.
7. You will meet COSMO- a friendly robot from the Aluna app. He will guide you through the rest of the setup. You will learn how to pair your Aluna device with your phone. Once connected you will be able to perform spirometry!
If you have any trouble, try these steps:
2. If you press down on the Aluna button, there should be a green circle around it. If no light appears, you may need to charge the battery. Plug in the micro-USB charger and wait at least 5 minutes before trying again. Click here to get instructions for charging your device.
3. Aluna requires Bluetooth (BLE) to connect with your phone. In your iPhone settings, make sure that Bluetooth is ON.